- Arizona General Election
- Ballot Propositions
- Big Abortion
- Big Government
- Border Invasion
- Candidate loses endorsement
- Church & State
- Faith & Families
- Faith & Freedom
- Health Insurance
- Hillary Clinton
- Homosexual Agenda
- John Semmens
- Judicial activism
- Left-Stream Media
- National Defense
- Planned Parenthood
- President Reagan
- President Washington
- Prop 122
- Prop 487
- Radical Environmentalism
- Reading Assignments
- Religious Freedom
- Religious Liberty
- Sanctuary cities
- Sheriff Arpaio
- Soviet Union
- The Arizona Conservative University
- The Left
- ObamaCare Scores a Big, Fat Zero on Fact-Checking
- Hillary Clinton IS Big Government
- Bergdahl Didn’t Desert, Lawyer Says
- Scientists Refute Obama Administration’s National Climate Assessment
- The Least Transparent Administration in History; the President can Document This
- Arizona Cardinals: Regarding Adrian Peterson — DNAC
- Obama Exempts White House from Freedom of Information Act
- Arizona’s Desert Blooming!
- Obama Admin May Bypass Congress, Seek UN Approval of Iran Deal
- Cong. Franks: The Buck Stops at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Category Archives: Media
With the 10th anniversary of The Arizona Conservative — the first and oldest conservative publication in the Grand Canyon State — approaching November 1st, we’re re-running some of our most popular posts. Here’s another one you’ll enjoy!
October 11, 2009
Mainstream people across Arizona have had enough of the Left-Wing GroupThink Media. This Saturday, Oct. 17, they’re doing a Tea Party at the Arizona Republic and ABC Channel 15 in Phoenix to demonstrate against biased, agenda-driven media that does not resonate with mainstream citizens.
You can get the details here: Operation: Can You Hear US Now? – Media Protest [link no longer works]
We don’t have to wait until Saturday morning to start the dialogue with these out of touch media people. We can start the drumbeat right now with on-point messaging, like the following:
Media in Persistent
on Abortion Reporting
Pink Slip for Left-
the Real Stories
A Little Less
Fluff, A Little
Arizonans/Americans are clever and resourceful, and The Arizona Conservative looks forward with great anticipation to the clever signs at Saturday’s demonstrations.
Don’t expect any real or accurate reporting on these events from the tired, entrenched leftist media establishment. That will come from the new media, the blogs and websites of everyday, mainstream Arizonans.
We started skipping merrily down the hill in the 1960s with The Dating Game. Witty one-liners and mini-skirts indicated there was more at play here than marriage and the baby carriage. Clever come-on lines led to the hopes of one-night stands and short-term exhilaration. So it was not surprising that the late basketball great Wilt Chamberlain – who claimed to have had sexual relations with 20,000 women – was one of the guest datees.
In the Seventies and Eighties came jiggle TV, along with Love American Style, the Love Boat (“exciting and new”), and Hotel. Adult happiness and sexual adventure were the themes. These programs were not always about being the right person and finding the right person to settle down with for nesting and family life.
Next came a temporary turn in the opposite direction with Chuck Woolery and Love Connection in the late Eighties. Chuck kept it clean and relationship oriented. The message was about finding the love of your life and making a long-term commitment.
Fast forwarding to today, we arrive at a new cultural low with Jerry Springer hosting “Baggage.” This is one small plunge for Springer and his guests, a giant cultural leap over the ledge headlong into the moral abyss for mankind. This is what cultural rot looks like in the 21st century.
The object of this seedy game is not to pick the best potential date, but to eliminate the two worst. Ladies and gentlemen of the cultural jury, I give you:
- A woman whose baggage, among others, includes a passion for sex in public. Who knows how many partners … and diseases … she’s had? And so much for private, intimate moments at home.
- A woman who shares her toilet with a cat. TMI! Springer said he prefers to share a litter box with his cat.
- A man who is a member of an orgy club in Portland, and who “hates marriage and children.” In a time of greater modesty, this kind of thing would be kept secret. Now it’s a “bragging point” for the whole nation to know. And not a real good thing to normalize for children.
- A woman who describes herself as a “seasonal bisexual.” Spring, fall, winter, or summer? Or all of the above?
- A man who got fired for having sex on the boss’s desk. Yikes!
Get this. Springer told the left-winging Huffington Post that “Baggage” is a “family-friendly show.” Who knew! “Ward, would you please call Wally and Beaver down? Baggage is on the tube!”
So how much further can we as a culture sink? We’re not at the bottom yet, but we’re in a freefall and well on our way down.