Category Archives: Radical Environmentalism
The best points for manmade “global warming”:
The best points against manmade “global warming”:
“Professor Dr. Fritz Vahrenholt, a social democrat and green activist, decided to author a climate science skeptical book. … Vahrenholt’s skepticism started when he was asked to review an IPCC report on renewable energy. He found hundreds of errors. When he pointed them out, IPCC officials simply brushed them aside. Stunned, he asked himself, ‘Is this the way they approached the climate assessment reports?’ ” (The Telegraph, Feb. 7, 2012)
• Contributors to Vahrenholt’s climate science skeptical book include: Nir Shaviv, astrophysicist, professor at the Racah Institute of Physics of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem; Werner Weber, emeritus professor of physics at the Technical University of Dortmund; and Henrik Svensmark, professor in the Division of Solar System Physics at the Danish National Space Institute in Copenhagen.
• “The United Nations issued a dramatic warning [in 2005] that the world would have to cope with 50 million climate refugees by 2010. But now that those migration flows have failed to materialize, the U.N. has distanced itself from the forecasts. On the contrary, populations are growing in the regions that had been identified as environmental danger zones.” (Der Spiegel, April 18, 2011)
• “In 2007, the IPCC predicted that rising global temperatures would kill off many species. … The IPCC [now] admits that there is no evidence climate change has led has led to even a single species becoming extinct thus far.” (Der Spiegel, March 26, 2014)
• “A chilly Arctic summer [in 2013] has left 533,000 more square miles of ocean covered with ice than at the same time last year — an increase of 29 percent. The rebound from 2012’s record low comes six years after the BBC reported that global warming would leave the Arctic ice free in summer by 2013.” (Daily Mail, Sept. 28, 2013)
• It is now more than 15 years since global average temperature rose significantly. Indeed, “the U.N.’s climate change chief, Rajendra Pachauri, has acknowledged a 17-year pause in global temperature rises.” (The Australian, Feb. 22, 2013)
• “A recent study in Nature Climate Change by Francis Zwiers and colleagues of the University of Victoria, British Columbia, found that models have overestimated warming by 100% over the past 20 years.” (Wall Street Journal, Sept. 17, 2013)
• “President Obama has explicitly linked a warming climate to ‘more extreme droughts, floods, wildfires and hurricanes.’ The White House warned this summer of ‘increasingly frequent and severe extreme weather events that come with climate change.’ Yet this is not supported by science. ‘General statements about extremes are almost nowhere to be found in the literature but seem to abound in the popular media,’ climate scientist Gavin Schmidt of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies said last month.” (Bjorn Lomborg, Washington Post, Sept. 13, 2013)
• “Judith Curry, a climatologist who heads the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology, was involved in the third IPCC assessment, which was published in 2001. But now she accuses the organization of intellectual arrogance and bias.” (Monte Morin, science writer, Los Angeles Times, Sept. 22, 2013)
• “IPCC vice chair Francis Zwiers, director of the Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium at the University of Victoria in Canada, co-wrote a paper published in this month’s Nature Climate Change that said climate models had ‘significantly’ overestimated global warming over the last 20 years.” (Monte Morin article.)
• “A new look at NASA satellite data revealed that Earth set a new record for coldest temperature recorded. It happened in August 2010 when it hit -135.8 degrees. Then on July 31 of this year, it came close again: -135.3 degrees.” (Associated Press, Dec. 9, 2013)
• “Some experts say their trust in climate science has declined because of the many uncertainties. ‘My own confidence in the data has gone down in the past five years,’ said Richard Tol, an expert in climate change and professor of economics at the University of Sussex in England.” (Reuters, April 16, 2013)
• “ ‘I think that the latest IPCC report has truly sunk to level of hilarious incoherence,’ Dr. Richard Lindzen told Climate Depot — a site known for questioning the theory of global warming” (Daily Mail, Sept. 29, 2013). Note: From 1983 until last year, Lindzen was a professor of meteorology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and widely considered the dean of American climatologists.
• Other world-renowned scientists who are skeptics or “deniers” include:
• Freeman Dyson, one the world’s most admired physicists, a Fellow of the Royal Society, recipient of the Enrico Fermi Award, and the speaker who delivered the Jerusalem-Harvard Lectures at Hebrew University; Roger Pielke Sr., former chairman and member of the American Meteorological Society Committee on Weather Forecasting and Analysis, chief editor of Monthly Weather Review and a fellow of the American Meteorological Society; Denis G. Rancourt, former professor of physics at the University of Ottawa (and, for the record, a left-wing activist); Claude Allegre, member of the French Academy of Sciences, a foreign member of the National Academy of Sciences, and former French minister of education (Socialist Party).
• “Over 100 Prominent Scientists Warn UN Against ‘Futile’ Climate Control Efforts” on the Web site of the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works.
*Global warming alarmists have forfeited the debate. Skeptics win by default
Left-stream media shills wasted no time bitterly attacking Russia for its tough stance against radical homosexual activism. Before the competition had even begun, NBC Olympic host Bob Costas repeatedly reminded viewers of the controversy and political ramifications of Russia hosting the Winter Games. He tried to position it as public sentiment, but it’s the Left-Stream Media pushing the homosexual agenda at the prodding of GLAAD and other fascist groups.
NBC quickly trotted out leftist Vladimir Pozner to declare Russia a “homophobic” country.
Over at ESPN, homosexual activist/pitbull Jeremy Schaap seethed with anger as he reported that four homosexual activists in Russia “were arrested!” for demonstrating. He was fit to be tied, jaw jutting in bitter rage.
NBC is overly playing the political card by interviewing President B. Hussein Obama Friday night. Obama blathered on about the importance of homosexual athletes in the Olympics.
What’s really ironic is that decades ago, communists in America realized the United States could never be conquered militarily. But it could be undermined by decadence. So they pushed for a cultural revolution to hollow out America’s ideals. They called for easy divorce; cohabitation; mainstreaming homosexual behavior; defiling entertainment (did you see the recent Grammy awards?); pornography; capturing the media, schools, and a political party.
These communists succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. They own the media and the Democratic Party. Pornography has been allowed by the government and the courts to proliferate to a point it is decimating the family. Along with easy divorce. American society is declining, awash in a culture of hedonism. Here’s a partial list of those communist goals for America:
- Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
- Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
- Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principal of “separation of church and state.”
- Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
- Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
- Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
Who helped these goals become reality in America? The so-called “useful idiots,” of course. What is a “useful idiot”? The Urban Dictionary describes it this way:
Term invented in Soviet Russia to describe people who blindly supported the likes of Lenin and Stalin while they committed atrocity after atrocity. Today, it refers to brainwashed liberals and leftists the world over.
And who’s been noticing America’s cultural descent? Certainly President Vladimir Putin and the Russians. Sure, Russia has its own problems — corruption, alcoholism and poverty, among them. But even they are smart enough to know that if their culture is captured by hedonism and the radical homosexual agenda, their culture will collapse from within. Just as ours has.
So over the top in political propaganda is NBC’s Olympic coverage that in a feature report about the Kremlin, it was declared by the reporter as “hallowed ground.” No mention of the Kremlin as the command and control center for the Evil Empire that Ronald Reagan recognized. No mention of the fact that Moscow and the center of the humanistic Soviet government were responsible for the slaughter of over 100 million innocent human beings and the imprisonment of political opponents in Siberia. Just a little too inconvenient for the useful idiots at NBC.
Posted in America, Arizona, Big Government, Church & State, Congress, Constitution, Culture, Economy, Education, Faith & Freedom, Health Insurance, Homosexual Agenda, Left-Stream Media, Legislature, Life, Marriage, National Defense, Obama, Planned Parenthood, Radical Environmentalism, Religious Freedom, Socialism, Socialism, The Arizona Conservative University
The Arizona Conservative has officially begun tracking candidates for public office in the Grand Canyon State in advance of November‘s elections. Voters have two choices: candidates who will champion FREEDOM for the individual and those who will push policies that deny and reduce personal freedoms – the candidates of socialism and excessive government CONTROL of your life. Whom do you want in office? Those who respect your constitutional freedom, or those who would expand government and take away more and more of your freedom? Your vote will impact every facet of American society and culture.
Andy Thomas, Al Melvin,
|Secretary of State||Will Cardon||Chris Campas|
|Attorney General||Mark Brnovich||Felicia Rotellini|
|State Treasurer||Hugh Hallman|
|Supt. Of Public Instruction||John Huppenthal||Sharon Thomas, David Garcia|
|Mining Inspector||Joe Hart||Manuel Cruz|
|Congress-District 1||Adam Kwasman||Ann Kirkpatrick|
|Congress-District 2||Martha McSally||Ron Barber|
|Congress-District 3||Gabriela Saucedo Mercer||Raul Grijalva|
|Congress-District 4||Paul Gosar||Mikel Weisser|
|Congress-District 5||Matt Salmon|
|Congress-District 6||David Schweikert|
|Congress-District 7||Ed Pastor|
|Congress-District 8||Trent Franks||Helmuth Hack|
|Congress-District 9||Vernon Parker, Wendy Rogers, Andrew Walter||Kyrsten Sinema|
|Arizona Senate-District 25||Ralph Heap||Bob Worsley|
Watch for continued updates and additional choices in the weeks and months ahead.
Posted in America, Arizona, Big Government, Congress, Constitution, Culture, Economy, Education, Elections, Faith & Freedom, Families, Governor, Guns, Health Insurance, Homosexual Agenda, Legislature, Life, Marriage, National Defense, Obama, Planned Parenthood, Radical Environmentalism, Religious Freedom, Sanctuary cities, Socialism, Taxpayers, The Left, Veterans/Troops
|Constitution||Limits the government in order to protect the citizen; the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are what they are and don’t allow for imagined intentions||A living, breathing document whose meaning changes arbitrarily; creative interpretations by activist judges, at the urging of special interest groups, fabricating new “rights” that infringe on the Bill of Rights; revisionist casting of the Bill of Rights seeks to create utopia; rights are to be rationed by the government|
|Family||The basic unit of society: married mother and father caring for their children contributes to healthy society||Based on adult happiness, regardless of gender; government content to spend billions of taxpayer dollars on family breakdown|
|Marriage||One man and one woman committed to the best interests of the family||Any coupling or grouping and based on adult happiness|
|Theology||Jesus died for the sins of all mankind for all time; all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God; the government is not a theocracy, but religion is the moral conscience of the nation||Secular humanism is the religion of government, public schools, and mass media; government is “god”; man is the master of his fate, the captain of his ship (Invictus)|
|Morality||Transcendent moral order; God’s Word in the Bible; obedience to something higher than one’s self||Relative: determined by the individual; situational ethics|
|Government||The Constitution protects the citizen from the government; localized control preferred; powers not delegated to the federal government are reserved to the states by the 10th Amendment to the Constitution||Centralized federal control over state and local levels; seemingly every human activity imaginable requires government regulation administered by an ever growing army of regulators; there are almost 1,000 federal agencies and divisions enforcing laws; the executive and judicial branches of government are free to usurp the legislative branch to set and enforce policy|
|Basis of freedom||The Bill of Rights; God-given natural law; inalienable rights||Open to government interpretation; Non-discrimination laws, “hate” crime laws|
|The Courts||One of three equal branches of government; decisions based on originalism; bound by the Constitution, which protects citizens from the government||Superior to the executive and legislative branches; decisions open to interpretations favored by leftists; to be used for gains that special interests are not able to achieve legislatively; the judiciary makes unilateral “amendments” to the Constitution; protects government interests at the expense of citizens|
|Supreme Court justices||Limited by the Constitution||Unlimited by the Constitution; open to citation of international law and the fabrication of new “rights” under the guise of constitutionality|
|The Church||Protected from the government by the First Amendment||Naturalism; science; government needs protection from the government from the church based on the ACLU’s false claim of a “separation of church and state” not based on history or original intent|
|Public education||The student is to be served by the best educational choice possible; local control||Public schools, run by teachers’ unions, are prioritized over the education of students; federal government control|
|Taxation||Low tax rates stimulate business investment, hiring and job creation; tax rates should be fair across the board; the federal government should raise only the revenue needed to fund the activities authorized by the Constitution||High tax rates allow government to expand social welfare programs; whomever earns the most should be taxed more; the tax rate on the wealthy could extend all the way to 100 percent; Karl Marx urged “a heavy progressive or graduated income tax”|
|Economy||Capitalism; economic equality is unachievable because people invest differing levels of education, motivation and risk||Socialism, which is the path to communism, and centralized control by the federal government; government intervention; the redistribution of wealth is staged by coercion|
|Market||Free enterprise and minimal government regulation; the free market is the most transformative economic system; the free market creates the most wealth and opportunities for people||Massing of centralized control and power over the market; high tax rates removing money from the private sector; statists oppose the free market and seek to control it; demonization of wealth creators by government and unions|
|Political competition||Compete against opponents; freedom to disagree||Destroy the enemy; punish anyone who opposes us (fascism)|
|Crime||Man is fallen and susceptible to evil and must be punished with stiff sentences for law-breaking||Man is a victim and subject to forces beyond his/her control; light sentencing|
|Government||Constitutionally ordered, divided into three branches to provide a system of checks and balances||Domineering and with few restraints; to be used for personal and special interests’ gains; the courts are to be used to gain what cannot be achieved through the legislative process|
|Property||Private ownership of personal property; what belongs to one man is the object of his care and economy||Maximum government ownership; taxation and laws intrude upon private ownership; what belongs to no one in particular is wasted by everyone|
|Achievement||Self determination; hard work and achievement are rewarded||It’s unfair if some have more possessions than others; everyone should have the same amount of things, with government acting as regulator; those with what government deems excessive must be punished|
|Life||Man is made in the image of God; humans should be protected from conception to natural death; human embryos should not be used as a commodity or sacrificed for experimentation||Man is just another animal and nothing special; human life is expendable; only “wanted” children should be born; depressed citizens should be allowed to find another person to kill them; the elderly and the disabled are using up too many medical resources and should not be allowed to continue living; people and government have the right to determine who lives and who dies|
|Autonomy||Citizens should be left alone to tend to their own affairs; private enterprise; private decisions in work, life, education, worship; government’s intrusion into personal lives must be extremely limited||Increasing government control of and regulation over citizens’ personal lives|
|Second Amendment||Citizens have the constitutional right to bear arms and to self protect; a gun is vital to a citizen’s self defense and is no better or worse than the person holding it||Only the government should have the right to own a gun; citizens have no right to protect themselves|
|Law||Uphold the rule of law||Selective use of the rule of law and liberal preference for applications of “law”|
Posted in America, Arizona, Big Government, Church & State, Congress, Conservatism, Constitution, Culture, Economy, Education, Faith & Freedom, Families, Guns, Health Insurance, Homosexual Agenda, Left-Stream Media, Legislature, Life, Marriage, Media, Obama, Planned Parenthood, Radical Environmentalism, Religious Freedom, Socialism, Taxpayers, The Arizona Conservative University, The Left
Each time we gather to inaugurate a President we bear witness to the enduring strength of our Constitution – which our “progressive” judges and justices are attempting to re-write.
We affirm the promise of our democracy – when it suits our needs.
We recall that what binds this nation together is not the colors of our skin or the tenets of our faith or the origins of our names. What makes us exceptional — what makes us American — is our allegiance to an idea articulated in a declaration made more than two centuries ago:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” – Life when it is wanted. Unalienable rights with the exclusion of religious freedom.
Today we continue a never-ending journey to bridge the meaning of those words with the realities of our time – revisionist reality according to secular humanists.
For history tells us that while these truths may be self-evident, they’ve never been self-executing; that while freedom is a gift from God, it must be secured by His people here on Earth. – And you must secure it in court if you can beat me in your lawsuits against my HHS mandate.
The patriots of 1776 did not fight to replace the tyranny of a king with the privileges of a few or the rule of a mob. They gave to us a republic, a government of, and by, and for the people, entrusting each generation to keep safe our founding creed. – until I arrived here to destroy that.
And for more than two hundred years, we have. – My mob friends with SEIU and other unions are enforcing my wishes.
Through blood drawn by lash and blood drawn by sword, we learned that no union founded on the principles of liberty and equality could survive half-slave and half-free. We made ourselves anew, and vowed to move forward together.
Together, we determined that a modern economy requires railroads and highways to speed travel and commerce, schools and colleges to train our workers.
Together, we discovered that a free market only thrives when there are rules to ensure competition and fair play. – The rules of socialism and excessive government regulation and control.
Together, we resolved that a great nation must care for the vulnerable, and protect its people from life’s worst hazards and misfortune. – Except for the preborn, the disabled, and the elderly (who should think about hospice).
Through it all, we have never relinquished our skepticism of central authority, nor have we succumbed to the fiction that all society’s ills can be cured through government alone. – But they can be dictated by government, against the will of the people.
Our celebration of initiative and enterprise, our insistence on hard work and personal responsibility, these are constants in our character. – But which we rejected in the last election campaign when we promised government control from cradle to grave.
But we have always understood that when times change, so must we; that fidelity to our founding principles requires new responses to new challenges; that preserving our individual freedoms ultimately requires collective action. – Or better yet, collectivist actions at the expense of those founding principles.
For the American people can no more meet the demands of today’s world by acting alone than American soldiers could have met the forces of fascism or communism with muskets and militias. – Nor can the people be left alone to take initiatives through churches, ministries and charitable organizations to feed and clothe the poor, the destitute, the starving, and those whose lives have been uprooted by natural disasters. Nor can all meet the demands of today’s world with rising taxes and unsustainable debt, amidst excessive government regulation and control. Now you must overlook liberal fascism here at home.
No single person can train all the math and science teachers we’ll need to equip our children for the future, or build the roads and networks and research labs that will bring new jobs and businesses to our shores. – No person has ever suggested building the transcontinental railroad or reaching the moon alone. And now innovation and achievement is being denigrated, discouraged, and hampered by the growing tentacles of big government.
Now, more than ever, we must do these things together, as one nation and one people. – Actually, comrades, as one growing centralized government bureacracy.
This generation of Americans has been tested by crises that steeled our resolve and proved our resilience. A decade of war is now ending. An economic recovery has begun. – American and allied forces have substantially reduced the capabilities of Islamic terrorists. Yet no real recovery has begun except in the campaign mode mind of the president.
America’s possibilities are limitless, — with the freedom from excessive government regulation
…. for we possess all the qualities that this world without boundaries demands – Especially the southern U.S. border which I’m attempting to dissolve.
youth and drive; diversity and openness; an endless capacity for risk and a gift for reinvention. – Especially for those industries moving out of the reach of tax monsters in California and New York.
My fellow Americans, we are made for this moment, and we will seize it — so long as we seize it together. – Or I’ll seize it alone as I enact policies and executive orders unpopular with the people.
For we, the people, understand that our country cannot succeed when a shrinking few do very well and a growing many barely make it. – Courtesy of tax increases and demonization of the achievers who take risks investing their wealth to create jobs allowing many to feed their families.
We believe that America’s prosperity must rest upon the broad shoulders of a rising middle class. – Micromanaged by my ever-growing administration, undermined by my demolition of America’s business climate.
We know that America thrives when every person can find independence and pride in their work; — Despite my demands that all be dependent on government their entire lives, “independent” people like Julia. For when I refer to America, I’m talkin’ big government, baby.
when the wages of honest labor liberate families from the brink of hardship. – But not from overly burdensome taxation.
We are true to our creed when a little girl born into the bleakest poverty knows that she has the same chance to succeed as anybody else, because she is an American; she is free, and she is equal, not just in the eyes of God but also in our own. – If she is allowed to leave her mother’s womb without dismemberment, and to experience a life directed by the “god” of big government.
We understand that outworn programs are inadequate to the needs of our time. – Such as government programs encouraging dependency, teen pregnancy, and risky, life-altering behavior.
So we must harness new ideas and technology to remake our government, revamp our tax code, reform our schools, and empower our citizens with the skills they need to work harder, learn more, reach higher. – So they can give more of what’s theirs to a government which will waste the fruits of their hard-earned labor on failing businesses. So they can more fully indoctrinate students in schools failing to educate, so citizens can settle for mediocrity while surrendering their God-given, Constitution-affirming rights to big government.
But while the means will change, our purpose endures: a nation that rewards the effort and determination of every single American. – Yes, I thought this line would get a laugh!
That is what this moment requires. That is what will give real meaning to our creed. – The creed I learned from Frank Marshall Davis and Saul Alinsky.
We, the people, still believe that every citizen deserves a basic measure of security and dignity. – Unless they oppose my secular worldview and my policies and executive orders. As long as you give more of your money to Planned Parenthood. As long as more of you substitute pain pills and hospice for medical treatment.
We must make the hard choices to reduce the cost of health care and the size of our deficit. – While I continue to raise the debt ceiling and put deficit reduction out of reach forever.
But we reject the belief that America must choose between caring for the generation that built this country and investing in the generation that will build its future. – Wait a minute. I’m the first person to suggest this.
For we remember the lessons of our past, when twilight years were spent in poverty and parents of a child with a disability had nowhere to turn. – And now we proudly observe that 90 percent of preborn children with Down syndrome are not allowed to live.
We do not believe that in this country freedom is reserved for the lucky, or happiness for the few. – Or those who take risks and invest their resources to create industries employing millions and feeding families.
We recognize that no matter how responsibly we live our lives, any one of us at any time may face a job loss, or a sudden illness, or a home swept away in a terrible storm. – Or job-killing fines for not funding abortion pill mandates.
The commitments we make to each other through Medicare and Medicaid and Social Security, these things do not sap our initiative, they strengthen us. – Especially those of us raiding those funds!
They do not make us a nation of takers; they free us to take the risks that make this country great. – Though some would argue that those who took the risks, who employed people who provided for their families, now have a right to their social security as retired folks.
We, the – GOVERNMENT — people, still believe that our obligations as – CONTROL OF — Americans are not just to ourselves, but to all posterity. We will respond to the threat of climate change, — No matter how well it’s been proven a fantasy.
knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations. – And fail to increase tax coffers and close down the coal industry.
Some may still deny the overwhelming –UNDERWHELMING – judgment of science, but none can avoid the devastating impact of raging
fires and crippling drought and more powerful storms. – Fires caused by arsonists and by lightning. We still haven’t slowed the rise of the oceans and healed the planet; how can we control the weather?
The path towards sustainable energy sources will be long and sometimes difficult. – And cost taxpayers billions to reward Solyndra and other green companies even though we knew they were going under.
But America cannot resist this transition, we must lead it. – We will lead by downsizing our military and economic capacities. By killing jobs and increasing food stamp rolls.
We cannot cede to other nations the technology that will power new jobs and new industries, we must claim its promise. – I don’t care how many Solyndras I give your money to.
That’s how we will maintain our economic vitality – And sustain this slumping economy while repeating the myth of recovery ad nauseum.
and our national treasure — our forests and waterways, our crop lands and snow-capped peaks. That is how we will preserve our planet, commanded to our care by God. – It’s okay to bring religion into this now, even though I’ve long entertained doubts about my faith.
That’s what will lend meaning to the creed our fathers once declared. We, the people, still believe that enduring security and lasting peace do not require perpetual war. – But our Army has recognized conservatives as terrorist threats and we will stockpile bullets and take their guns and religious freedom away.
Our brave men and women in uniform, tempered by the flames of battle, are unmatched in skill and courage. – And the raging passions of homosexual lust in the barracks.
Our citizens, seared by the memory of those we have lost, know too well the price that is paid for liberty. The knowledge of their sacrifice will keep us forever vigilant against those who would do us harm. – Not counting those Islamic forces I’ve befriended and given hundreds of millions of your dollars to.
But we are also heirs to those who won the peace and not just the war; who turned sworn enemies into the surest of friends — and we must carry those lessons into this time as well. – Like my Hamas and Muslim Brotherhood buddies.
We will defend our people and uphold our values through strength of arms and rule of law. – Starting by gutting the United States Navy and refusing to defend the federal Defense of Marriage Act. By befriending the detainees at Gitmo.
We will show the courage to try and resolve our differences with other nations peacefully –- After the election, since I have more flexibility now.
not because we are naïve about the dangers we face, but because engagement can more durably lift suspicion and fear. – So don’t worry about any appropriate responses to future Benghazis.
America will remain the anchor of strong alliances in every corner of the globe. – Except for the Middle East, Fort Hood, Pakistan and a few other strategic locations
And we will renew those institutions that extend our capacity to manage crisis abroad, for no one has a greater stake in a peaceful world than its most powerful nation. – That would be the nation of Russia, which I’ve entrusted to take over as the world’s leading power.
We will support democracy from Asia to Africa, from the Americas to the Middle East, because our interests and our conscience compel us to act on behalf of those who long for freedom. — And we’ll support communism in Cuba, Venezuela, and Kenya.
And we must be a source of hope to the poor, the sick, the marginalized, the victims of prejudice –- not out of mere charity, but because peace in our time requires the constant advance of those principles that our common creed describes: tolerance and opportunity, human dignity and justice. – With the exceptions of the preborn, the Christian owners of businesses, my domestic enemies, and all who oppose the homosexual agenda.
We, the people, declare today that the most evident of truths –- that all of us are created equal –- is the star that guides us still; just as it guided our forebears through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall – Stonewall, where lawless homosexuals threatened the lives of police officers doing their duty
just as it guided all those men and women, sung and unsung, who left footprints along this great Mall, to hear a preacher say that we cannot walk alone; to hear a King proclaim that our individual freedom is inextricably bound to the freedom of every soul on Earth. – And where people, even my white grandmother, should be judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin.
It is now our generation’s task to carry on what those pioneers began. For our journey is not complete until our wives, our mothers and daughters can earn a living equal to their efforts. – Unless they work for me and accept our pay scale: 18 percent less for women.
Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law –- for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well. – And our heterosexual brothers and sisters are treated equally as well, until anti-bullying laws and hate crime laws apply equally to all.
Our journey is not complete until no citizen is forced to wait for hours to exercise the right to vote. – I promise an executive order allowing everyone voting for me to go to the head of the voting line, even if they arrived 10 minutes prior to the closing of the polls. And even if they can’t prove they are a citizen.
Our journey is not complete until we find a better way to welcome the striving, hopeful immigrants who still see America as a land of opportunity – And who still come here legally and assimilate, unlike those cheating and flouting immigration law by entering the country illegally, or those who smuggle humans or drugs across our borders.
until bright young students and engineers are enlisted in our workforce rather than expelled from our country. – Never mind the law; I need voters now!
Our journey is not complete until all our children, from the streets of Detroit – who escape the murder and violence
to the hills of Appalachia, to the quiet lanes of Newtown, know that they are cared for and cherished and always safe from harm. – Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses, your guns. Your government will guarantee you a chicken in every pot and continued safety from all evil-doers.
That is our generation’s task — to make these words, these rights, these values of life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness real for every American. – Pursuant to the laws cheapening life and liberty and polarizing this great nation.
Being true to our founding documents does not require us to agree on every contour of life. – Especially the First Amendment.
It does not mean we all define liberty in exactly the same way or follow the same precise path to happiness. – Certainly not us Alinskyites.
Progress does not compel us to settle centuries-long debates about the role of government for all time, but it does require us to act in our time. – And act with impunity against the will of the people.
For now decisions are upon us and we cannot afford delay. – We must proceed with the worst possible “solutions” to the problems of our time. We cannot take the time to actually read the bills that will impact your lives for decades to come. We must pass them to see what is in them and then move forward and act upon them.
We cannot mistake absolutism for principle, or substitute spectacle for politics, — If you don’t count my refusal to negotiate with Republicans, grandstand, or diss Supreme Court justices to their face.
or treat name-calling as reasoned debate – Even if I do identify my opponents as ENEMIES. I’m justified doing that. You’re not.
We must act, knowing that our work will be imperfect. – I’ve never spoken truer words!
We must act, knowing that today’s victories – Well they are actually ATTACKS on life, liberty, Republicans and successful business owners.
will be only partial and that it will be up to those who stand here in four years and 40 years and 400 years hence to advance the timeless spirit once conferred to us in a spare Philadelphia hall. – And which were just rejected by about 99 percent of the voters from inner Philly.
My fellow Americans, the oath I have sworn before you today, like the one recited by others who serve in this Capitol, was an oath to God – BUT AS MY OWN PARTY DETERMINED LAST SUMMER, IT WILL NOT BE THE GOD MOST AMERICANS WORSHIP. NO. IT WILL BE MINE: ALLAH — and country, not party or faction. — And this is why I kept the Republicans out of health care negotiations.
And we must faithfully execute that pledge during the duration of our service. – Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
But the words I spoke today are not so different from the oath that is taken each time a soldier signs up for duty or an immigrant realizes her dream. My oath is not so different from the pledge we all make to the flag that waves above and that fills our hearts with pride. – The same flag I refuse to look at.
They are the words of citizens and they represent our greatest hope. You and I, as citizens, have the power to set this country’s course. – To set it correctly despite my radical agenda.
You and I, as citizens, have the obligation to shape the debates of our time – Though my friends and I actually know the debate is over.
not only with the votes we cast, but with the voices we lift in defense of our most ancient values and enduring ideals. – Those ancient values and enduring ideals I set into motion four long years ago.
Let us, each of us, now embrace with solemn duty and awesome joy what is our lasting birthright. With common effort and common purpose, with passion and dedication, let us answer the call of history and carry into an uncertain future that precious light of freedom. – The freedom to worship your federal government. Long live the government!
Thank you. MY GOD, NOT YOURS – ALLAH — bless you, and may He forever bless these United States of America. – And the great downsizing project we are today embarked on today, some with us, many not.
The Heritage Foundation
It is no secret that President Obama’s and green-energy supporters’ (from both parties) foray into venture capitalism has not gone well. But the extent of its failure has been largely ignored by the press. Sure, single instances garner attention as they happen, but they ignore past failures in order to make it seem like a rare case.
The truth is that the problem is widespread. The government’s picking winners and losers in the energy market has cost taxpayers billions of dollars, and the rate of failure, cronyism, and corruption at the companies receiving the subsidies is substantial. The fact that some companies are not under financial duress does not make the policy a success. It simply means that our taxpayer dollars subsidized companies that would’ve found the financial support in the private market.
So far, 36 companies that have received federal support from taxpayers are faltering — either having gone bankrupt or laying off workers or heading for bankruptcy. This list includes only those companies that received federal money from the Obama Administration’s Department of Energy and other agencies. The amount of money indicated does not reflect how much was actually received or spent but how much was offered. The amount also does not include other state, local, and federal tax credits and subsidies, which push the amount of money these companies have received from taxpayers even higher.
The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:
1.Evergreen Solar ($24 million)*
3.Solyndra ($535 million)*
4.Beacon Power ($69 million)*
5.AES’s subsidiary Eastern Energy ($17.1 million)
6.Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
7.SunPower ($1.5 billion)
8.First Solar ($1.46 billion)
9.Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
10.EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
11.Amonix ($5.9 million)
12.National Renewable Energy Lab ($200 million)
13.Fisker Automotive ($528 million)
14.Abound Solar ($374 million)*
15.A123 Systems ($279 million)*
16.Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($6 million)
17.Johnson Controls ($299 million)
18.Schneider Electric ($86 million)
19.Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
20.ECOtality ($126.2 million)
21.Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
22.Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
23.Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
24.Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
25.Range Fuels ($80 million)*
26.Thompson River Power ($6.4 million)*
27.Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
28.LSP Energy ($2.1 billion)*
29.UniSolar ($100 million)*
30.Azure Dynamics ($120 million)*
32.Vestas ($50 million)
33.LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($150 million)
34.Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
35.Navistar ($10 million)
36.Satcon ($3 million)*
*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.
The problem begins with the issue of government picking winners and losers in the first place. Venture capitalist firms exist for this very reason, and they choose what to invest in by looking at companies’ business models and deciding if they are worthy. When the government plays venture capitalist, it tends to reward companies that are connected to the policymakers themselves or because it sounds nice to “invest” in green energy.
The 2009 stimulus set aside $80 billion to subsidize politically preferred energy projects. Since that time, 1,900 investigations have been opened to look into stimulus waste, fraud, and abuse (although not all are linked to the green-energy funds), and nearly 600 convictions have been made. Of that $80 billion in clean energy loans, grants, and tax credits, at least 10 percent has gone to companies that have since either gone bankrupt or are circling the drain.
UPDATE: Some of the companies on this list received money from government agencies other than or in addition to the Department of Energy. We are updating the numbers to reflect the most accurate figures available.
I’d make the following speech:
It’s a rare privilege for me to stand here today as a candidate to serve you in the people’s house. And as a candidate, I have a solemn responsibility to you to do the right thing … to work for you … to protect your interests … and to make America America again.
Let me ask you a crucial question. When you look at Washington, what do you see?
Do you see a dysfunctional district detached from the laws and responsibilities that Americans live with day to day?
Where bureaucrats find it all too easy to waste your tax dollars?
Where millions upon millions of citizen dollars are misspent and unaccounted for?
Where hundreds of thousands of stimulus dollars are allegedly creating a handful of low-paying jobs … in non-existent congressional districts?
Do you see a city where ethics, morality and integrity are sorely lacking? And corruption is rampant?
Are you as fed up with Washington as I am?
I thought so.
If elected, I will …
- Starve funding for ObamaCare until it is repealed.
- Return the $716 billion to Medicare this president plans to use toward ObamaCare. I’ll stop Medicare fraud immediately, I won’t wait until 2014 as this president says he’ll do!
- I’ll fire the 16,500 IRS agents hired to harass you into compliance with ObamaCare.
- Pull the plug on IPAB and give death panels a quick burial.
- Demand accountability from federal agencies and employees across the board. Those employees who don’t comply will not last long. The federal government work place will not be scheduling any more trips to Las Vegas to party on your dime. Pornography in the government work place will not be tolerated.
- Report to you monthly on government waste and steps I’ve taken personally to stop it.
- Rebuild the U.S. military … to give them the resources they need to protect you … and defend liberty.
- Promote America’s exceptionalism and virtues … and advocate for freedom around the world.
- Incentivize all legitimate sources of domestic energy.
- Fill my administration with hard-working, respectable Americans who have paid their taxes and continue to pay their taxes.
- Give you an honest day’s work every day. And demand the same from everyone working for the federal government, from custodians to agency heads.
- Make sure all key decision makers in Washington are accountable to oversight.
- Defend marriage from all legal attacks – including the Defense of Marriage Act.
- Stop funding overseas abortions.
- Protect your religious freedom. And protect the religious freedom of chaplains serving our men and women in the military.
- Protect our borders from those who refuse to apply properly for immigration.
- Applaud all who invest in business to create jobs for Americans so they can provide for their families.
- Surround myself – and fill my cabinet — with Americans who are representative of Main Street.
- Establish a tax rate that is fair to all Americans.
- Limit the excessive regulations and taxation driving American industry overseas.
- I will work with educators across the nation to ensure that children can read and excel in all subject areas. To be competitive in the world, I will demand improvement as a nation in math and sciences. I will hold the Department of Education accountable for measureable improvement each year. I will be a hands-on president in education.
- I will demand a balanced federal budget each and every year. As long as we have a national deficit, there will have to be cuts across the board until we get our house in order. Just as you do with your personal finances. Government will be held accountable in its spending from Day One of my administration. I will be a hands-on president in federal finance.
- We must turn around the housing crisis in America. I will be a hands-on president as long as we have this crisis hanging over our heads.
- I will promote free enterprise capitalism at home and abroad. I will return Government Motors to private ownership.
- I’ll be marching for life in Washington every January. We must make abortion unthinkable and comfort those in crisis pregnancies with positive options, such as adoption. Killing over a million defenseless American boys and girls each year is a tragedy beyond measure. Abortion is not the avenue to national prosperity or the blessings of our Creator.
- Repair and uphold America’s friendship with Israel. Jerusalem IS the capital of Israel.
- Decrease funding for the United Nations.
- On my sworn oath, I will uphold the Constitution of the United States of America.
If elected, I will not …
- Apologize for the murderous actions of terrorists and mob violence. I’m less concerned about their feelings than I am about American lives.
- I will not allow drug smugglers to enter the country through our borders.
- Play one hour of golf while 23 million Americans are unable to feed and insure their families.
- Raise taxes.
- Use your tax dollars to haul a clunker out of someone’s garage.
- Use your tax dollars to give golf carts away.
- Negotiate with, or fund terrorists.
- Give your tax dollars to foreign nations for oil exploration.
- Throw away your tax dollars on companies going out of business.
- Stockpile my administration with unaccountable czars.
- Use the government to harass political opponents.
- Give your money to Planned Parenthood or any other organization committing abortions.
- Neither I nor my family will take more than 3 weeks of vacation time in a year. The office of the presidency should not be used as a free ticket to unlimited luxury vacations.
- I will not demonize achievers and those who take risks and invest in business to create jobs for Americans. I will not engage in class warfare.
- I will not pressure lenders to make risky loans.
- I will have no part of socialism. It is a consistent loser.
- I will not bail out any failing business. Because you cannot afford it.
- I will not harm the economy by issuing crippling fines or forcing companies to close down because they won’t fund abortion. The president’s abortion pill mandate is deplorable.
- I will not support the radical policies and movements at the United Nations.
- And finally, I will not allow the federal government to get in the way of Americans honestly trying to go about their lives and business.
Please join with me to make America America again! God bless you, and God bless America!