Cathi Herrod, president of the Center for Arizona Policy:
Today we observe one of the most tragic days in our nation’s history – the day the United States Supreme Court ruled that taking the life of a preborn child at any stage of pregnancy for any reason was legal. Yet it is a day filled with hope for the days ahead.
Today, I urge you to redouble your efforts to protect the lives of preborn children and their mothers and fathers.
Forty-three years ago few would have anticipated a pro-life movement that is stronger than ever with the country daily witnessing an increasingly pro-life majority. That the abortion rate would be dropping, not increasing.
Some key thoughts to encourage you that we are making a difference…
- The pro-life movement is just as concerned about the woman walking into an abortion clinic as we are about her preborn child. Abortion not only stops a beating heart, it hurts women. Abortion breaks a woman’s heart. We all know a woman wounded by abortion who has suffered greatly – either physically or emotionally – from her abortion. Men are coming forward in increasing numbers who regret having supported or coerced a woman into having an abortion. These truths help persuade women to choose life, not abortion.
- Ultrasound technology continues to show the humanity of the preborn child. The vivid pictures of babies as early as nine or ten weeks in the womb with a beating heart and clearly distinguishable human features leave no doubt – that’s a life worthy of protection.
- The atrocities – the dangerous and deadly practices – being performed daily by Planned Parenthood and other abortion clinics continue to be exposed. No longer can the American public act as though these so-called women’s health services are for the common good. No, quite the opposite.
- In the last three years, more states have passed more laws protecting preborn children and their mothers than at any other time in the last 43 years. Almost all of the Republican candidates for president are pro-life. More and more candidates for office proudly proclaim their pro-life views, including the most recent and current Arizona governors.
To keep making a difference, I offer you these action steps…
- Pray for an end to abortion. Pray for committed pro-life individuals to be elected to office, especially as President of the United States. Pray for the U.S. Supreme Court as they rule on the Texas abortion law later this year.
- Financially support and volunteer at a pregnancy resource center. These pro-life heroes are on the front lines daily reaching abortion-minded women with life-saving alternatives.
- Financially support and volunteer for a candidate of your choosing who will protect and defend life from its very beginning to its natural end.
- Always, always be ready to be winsome and persuasive as you present the truth with those who do not hold a pro-life view. Know the facts about how abortion hurts women and fetal development from the moment of conception.
Today we mourn the havoc wreaked on preborn children, men, and women. Yet today we also keep our hope fixed on a new day in America when all life is protected from its very beginning to its natural end.
ICYMI – Latest News and Articles of Interest
- Keep up to date on the latest pro-life news via liveactionnews.org.
- Russell Moore’s latest interview on the importance of having a pro-life, whole-life ethic as we rally for the preborn.
- World Magazine’s Marvin Olasky on Planned Parenthood.
- U.S. Supreme Court agrees to hear significant case on state restrictions on religious freedom.