U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Congressional District 3
|Daniel Wood, Republican||Raul Grijalva, Democrat|
|· Favors: The continued building of the border wall and increased funding for more border patrol agents, upgraded equipment, and funding for local law enforcement agencies along the border.
· Reform of our asylum laws, noting any illegal immigrant who comes into our country other than at a port of entry will be immediately returned to their country of origin. No trial or waiting period.
· Creating more judges to speed up the asylum hearings. Over 800,000 cases in backlog.
· End the lottery system and chain migration.
· Enforcement of E-Verify laws. Companies and corporations who are willfully hiring illegal aliens need to be held accountable.
· Reform of the Visa programs H-2A and H-2B.
· The immediate return of incarcerated illegals who have committed criminal offenses to their country of origin. We should not have to pay for non-citizens in our penitentiary systems.
· Pulling back government regulations on doctors and insurance companies will begin the process to improve the quality and efficiency of the healthcare system. In return it will bring healthy competition through innovation.
· As a representative for CD3, I will work hard to cut government regulations and move healthcare to a free-market system. Repealing Obamacare must happen first!
|· The House Ethics Committee examined allegations that Rep. Raúl Grijalva created a hostile workplace. The ethics probe comes four years after the Natural Resources Committee shelled out more than $48,000 to settle a complaint by a former female staffer over a hostile work environment linked to Grijalva’s alcohol use.
· The ethics probe comes four years after the Natural Resources Committee shelled out more than $48,000 to settle a complaint by a former female staffer over a hostile work environment linked to Grijalva’s alcohol use.
2 thoughts on “Congressional District 3”
Pingback: Election Central | The Arizona Conservative
Pingback: 2020 Arizona Primary Election Center | The Arizona Conservative