The Arizona Conservative strongly recommends that voters reject Proposition 207, which proposes to decriminalize marijuana.
Legislate Legal Council summarizes Prop 207 as an attempt to allow a person age 21 or older to lawfully possess and use one ounce of marijuana, including not more than five grams of marijuana concentrate (i.e, hashish), as well as up to six marijuana plants at that person’s primary residence.
For persons under the age of 21, the penalties against illegal possession of marijuana will be reduced to a civil penalty for a first violation, a petty offense for a second violation and a class 1 misdemeanor for subsequent violations.
Also, a petition process would be established to expunge law enforcement and court records relating to arrests, charges, adjustments, convictions and sentences for specific marijuana-related drug offenses that occurred before this would go into effect
There is no questioning how easy it would be for people to skirt such weak regulations and how it would undermine past and present law breaking.
When California allowed this to happen, it caused environmental damage to forests and rivers due to marijuana plants in the back country.
Colorado reports a traffic fatality every 2.5 days involving drivers under the influence of marijuana. No wonder, such drugs can cause hallucinations, paranoia and delusional thinking. It lowers IQs among adults and users drop out of school at higher rates.
Multi-national studies revealed a five-fold increase in psychosis among youths who used high-potency marijuana.
Advertising pitches purposely target teens, leading to addiction, whose brain development can be damaged by marijuana. Regular use is associated with increased criminal behavior and suicide, along with negative effects on memory, learning and attention.
Pie in the sky promises of tax revenues generated from marijuana sales have not materialized in other states foolish enough to go for this. What’s more, any tax revenues that are generated from marijuana represent ill-gotten gain based on the backs of people who paid a very severe price for their bad personal decisions
The net result of marijuana legalization is dumbing down the society and moving the culture backwards. That’s why Arizona voters rejected this dangerous proposition in 2016. Reject it again, Arizona.
He was “a minority of a minority” who “has been taking some extreme positions.” His positions were “so extreme that they would alter our country’s very economic and social structure and our place in the world to such a degree as to make our country’s place at home and abroad, as we know it, a thing of the past.” He was horrifyingly “foolhardy,” and a Republican Party in his hands was headed for a certain “crushing defeat … that could signal the beginning of the end of our party as an effective force in American political life.” The man was putting the GOP in “an impossible situation” because he was a “sure-loser in November” who held “extreme and too simple views.”
Thus it was that establishment Republicans expressed their utter disdain for Donald Trump.
Oh, sorry. They weren’t talking about Donald Trump; they were talking about — Ronald Reagan. And the “they” in question in those quotes above had proudly had their names attached to their views of Reagan as an extremist and walking political disaster. The names were, successively, then-GOP Vice President Nelson Rockefeller, New York Republican Sen. Jacob Javits, Illinois Republican Sen. Charles Percy, and former President Gerald Ford. And there were more, with less illustrious names.
Reagan had a name for these kind of GOP opponents, famously put this way in an address to the 1975 Conservative Political Action Conference:
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?
It is, however, no surprise that the lineal descendants of the Rockefeller/Javits/Percy/Ford Republicans are still with us. And as with Reagan’s opponents these “Never Trump” Republicans and “Republicans for Biden” — and former Arizona GOP Sen. Jeff Flake’s group of ex-GOP members of Congress — have made it clear.
• When the choice comes down to a Republican who is, like Reagan, pro-life and has made a central point of appointing constitutionalists to the Supreme Court and the lower federal courts — in record numbers — these Pale Pastel Republicans are endorsing the candidate who vows to put pro-abortion, anti-Reagan/Scalia judges on the bench.
• When the choice came down to Trump, a Republican who, like Reagan, supports peace through strength and, as with Reagan dealing with Gorbachev, was unafraid to sit down and confront America’s tyrant/dictator adversaries face to face — and walk out on the dictator when required? As Reagan did with Gorbachev and Trump did with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un? The Pale Pastels opt for Biden, the candidate who notoriously signed on to sending pallets of cash to appease the Iranian mullahs so that they could fund terrorists. Biden, the candidate from the infamous “apology tour” Obama administration. Hell would freeze over before Reagan — or Trump — would ever apologize for America.
• When the choice came down to a Republican who insists that our NATO allies live up to their financial obligations to spend 2 per cent of their GDP on defense — the Pale Pastels sided with those who refused to live up to their obligations and wanted a free security ride on the backs of American taxpayers.
When the choice came down to a Republican who, in Reagan-esque fashion, cut taxes, the Pale Pastels have signed up for the candidate who pledges to raise them — the Walter Mondale of 2020. A pledge Biden repeats over and over.
• The Pale Pastels say their choice came down to “character and competence” and that Trump was engaging in “corrupt behavior that renders him unfit to serve as president.” Seriously? Not a peep from any of them about the most corrupt vice president in American history, who blatantly used his offices as senator and vice president to enrich his family, bringing his son along to China on an official trip so he could make a rich deal with a Chinese banker or getting a prosecutor in Ukraine fired for investigating that same son.
There’s more — oh so much more.
But the fact is that the Pale Pastel Republican signers of this 70-person letter from various GOP security officials endorsing Joe Biden, not to mention the Pale Pastel Jeff Flake–led endorsement of Pale Pastel ex-GOP members of Congress for Biden, are nothing remotely new. This is the wing of the GOP that repeatedly produces disastrous Republican nominees with names stretching from Dewey to McCain and Romney and others.
What is new is that the socialist agenda of the Biden/Harris/Bernie/AOC Democrats is out there for all to see. This is socialism on steroids.
Thanks. Good to know. No Republican president should hire you or any Republican support you — ever again.
- A man with a career of corruption behind him.
- A man who has disrespected and abused women.
- Abuse of power: the Obama-Biden Administration illegally used the IRS to deny tax benefits to conservative organizations; they used the Department of Justice to attack law enforcement personnel who were working to prevent illegal aliens from entering the country; they shut down the work of and fired federal agents to monitor and prosecute terrorist cells in the U.S., also protecting organizations like the Muslim Brotherhood which are sworn enemies of the U.S.
- The removal of Second Amendment gun rights and home protection.
- Gender confusion (people who’ve had sex change surgery are less happy than they were before).
- Socialism: The rights of the individual are made secondary to the control of the collective; Vladimir Lenin said “The end game of socialism is communism.”
- Loss of freedom, including free speech and religious freedom.
- Increased taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood, which profits from the shedding of human blood.
- Open borders, drug and human smuggling.
- Voter fraud and voting by felons, illegal aliens and unregistered individuals.
- Over regulation of small businesses, the backbone of America.
- Prohibition of school choice.
- A smaller, weaker military.
- Obama II, a country that befriends and funds America’s enemies while turning away from America’s allies.
- Civil unrest in the streets, i.e., Seattle and Portland.
- Higher taxes.
- Harmful laws based on non-existent, politically based global warming.
- Criminalization of the conservative movement.
- Confused men posing as “transgenders” in order to take the positions of females on girls and women’s sports teams.
- Continued attacks on America’s founding ideals.
- Damage to the public education system.
- Expanded government health insurance, which does not guarantee medical care.
- Sanctuary cities.
- Judicial activism by judges who make law from the bench.
- Radical individuals with access to the White House and the highest levels of government who cannot pass background checks.
- Increased likelihood of terrorism on American and foreign soil. Democrats are very weak on terrorism.
- Bigger government making the individual smaller and smaller.
- A greater likelihood that America, “the home of the free and the land of the brave” will become a nation of one-party rule with opposition to Democrat policies outlawed.
- A re-writing of U.S. history and the Constitution.
- Cold-hearted Obama and Biden left four Americans to die in Benghazi.
- Ruthless Obama and Biden are to blame for the death of a U.S. Border Patrolmen who was gunned down by the Mexican drug cartel, armed with guns given by the Obama Administration.
You will also be voting for a man whose health is failing, and who may have to relinquish his presidency to a vice president with even more radical views on important issues.
If you support Big Abortion then former doctor Hiral Tipirnini is your vote for Tuesday’s special election in Arizona’s Eighth Congressional District. Here’s her view on Big Abortion:
I fervently believe our elected representatives should support policies reflecting clearly established women’s reproductive health rights. In short, abortions should stay safe, legal, and rare. And, for the record, no one is “pro-abortion” – one is essentially either pro-choice or anti-choice.
Tipirnini is a firm supporter of Planned Parenthood, even though that corrupt organization has been:
- Sued in 10 states for refusing to report the rapes of underage girls and protecting their abusers;
- Found to have defrauded the government and you the taxpayer by unethical billing in more than half the states;
- Illegally profited off the sale of dead baby body parts;
- Lying about performing mammograms.
The former doctor’s TV commercials show her joyfully consulting with patients in a hospital, but this is a dishonest portrayal. She admitted to Channel 15 News that she has NOT treated a patient since 2007. Still the commercial is airing on TV, deceiving the voters.
She settled in a malpractice lawsuit brought against her leaving her medical practice.
The malpractice lawsuit was filed by a Phoenix woman, Belen Carrillo, before her death. Carrillo claimed that Tipirneni and a physicians employee group failed to give her a medically necessary tetanus immunization while treating her for a leg wound in 2001. According to the plaintiff’s lawyer and son, Carrillo, then 72, contracted tetanus, ended up in a coma for weeks, and suffered kidney failure. The lawsuit says Carrillo sustained “permanent injury and disability.”
During a debate, Tipirneni announced her agenda to push Medicare for All – a program that will bankrupt Social Security, leaving one in six Arizonans without benefits. As a former ER doctor, she should know better. Hiral Tipirneni’s disingenuous commitment to healthcare simply to win an election will end up harming thousands of Arizonans.
RNC Spokesperson Renae Eze said:
“Hiral Tipirneni has demonstrated a blatant disregard for the well-being of Arizonans, first hiding her malpractice lawsuits and now prioritizing Medicare for All to the detriment of Social Security. Medicare for All will completely bankrupt the Social Security program, and as a former ER doctor she should know that. You would think an ER doctor would fight to protect people’s benefits, but Tipirneni seems only concerned with winning an election.”The Democratic candidate for Arizona’s 8th Congressional District, Dr. Hiral Tipirneni, claimed to “not be about party lines,” but then said “the real fight is with the GOP agenda.”
- Tipirneni showed she was anti-border security when she called the idea of a border wall “not appropriate” and said she did not support spending “even a fraction” of the estimated costs associated with building it.
- Tipirneni called The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act “absolutely wrong” and claimed money “would not trickle down to anyone.”
- Yet, contrary to the doctor’s diagnosis, many Arizonans have received bonuses and other benefits thanks to the tax cuts, and at least one business in the 8th District has already given their employees a wage increase because of the tax cuts.
- Despite Obamacare premium increases of 116 percent statewide, Dr. Tipirneni said Obamacare has “helped” and she supports “strengthening and stabilizing [Obamacare].”
- Dr. Tipirneni has taken liberal, out-of-touch positions on abortion and gun control, among other issues.
This Big Government Democrat socialist supports free education for illegal aliens and opposes strong border protections and the wall.
This candidate is a fraud and her campaign is a complete charade portraying her as someone she is not. But now you who she really is.
It’s clear that Debbie Lesko is the deserving candidate for Congress.
Today, we focus our attention on the love and protection each person, born and unborn, deserves regardless of disability, gender, appearance, or ethnicity. Much of the greatest suffering in our Nation’s history — and, indeed, our planet’s history — has been the result of disgracefully misguided attempts to dehumanize whole classes of people based on these immutable characteristics. We cannot let this shameful history repeat itself in new forms, and we must be particularly vigilant to safeguard the most vulnerable lives among us. This is why we observe National Sanctity of Human Life Day: to affirm the truth that all life is sacred, that every person has inherent dignity and worth, and that no class of people should ever be discarded as “non-human.”
Reverence for every human life, one of the values for which our Founding Fathers fought, defines the character of our Nation. Today, it moves us to promote the health of pregnant mothers and their unborn children. It animates our concern for single moms; the elderly, the infirm, and the disabled; and orphan and foster children. It compels us to address the opioid epidemic and to bring aid to those who struggle with mental illness. It gives us the courage to stand up for the weak and the powerless. And it dispels the notion that our worth depends on the extent to which we are planned for or wanted.
Science continues to support and build the case for life. Medical technologies allow us to see images of the unborn children moving their newly formed fingers and toes, yawning, and even smiling. Those images present us with irrefutable evidence that babies are growing within their mothers’ wombs — precious, unique lives, each deserving a future filled with promise and hope. We can also now operate on babies in utero to stave off life-threatening diseases. These important medical advances give us an even greater appreciation for the humanity of the unborn.
Today, citizens throughout our great country are working for the cause of life and fighting for the unborn, driven by love and supported by both science and philosophy. These compassionate Americans are volunteers who assist women through difficult pregnancies, facilitate adoptions, and offer hope to those considering or recovering from abortions. They are medical providers who, often at the risk of their livelihood, conscientiously refuse to participate in abortions. And they are legislators who support health and safety standards, informed consent, parental notification, and bans on late-term abortions, when babies can feel pain. These undeterred warriors, many of whom travel to Washington, D.C., every year for the March for Life, are changing hearts and saving lives through their passionate defense of and loving care for all human lives.
Thankfully, the number of abortions, which has been in steady decline since 1980, is now at a historic low. Though the fight to protect life is not yet over, we commit to advocating each day for all who cannot speak for themselves.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 22, 2018, as National Sanctity of Human Life Day. I call on all Americans to reflect on the value of our lives; to respond to others in keeping with their inherent dignity; to act compassionately to those with disabilities, infirmities, or frailties; to look beyond external factors that might separate us; and to embrace the common humanity that unites us.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this nineteenth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand eighteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-second.
DONALD J. TRUMP
Las Vegas police and the media have searched in vain for some tangible motive behind mass murderer Stephen Paddock’s monstrous shooting spree. They can’t find a smoking gun, a tie to Islamic terrorists or really much of anything else to explain what he did. Their motive trail has gone icily cold.
But they’ve overlooked the obvious.
Paddock was obviously under spiritual warfare and Satan won his soul.
The New Testament’s Book of Ephesians, Chapter 6, verse 12 explains it:
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Paddock succumbed to that dark world and lost the struggle. He was controlled by Satan’s demons. Anyone committing such a heinous act of violence is under their control.
Furthermore, his lady said that sometimes he wailed in his sleep. His nights may have been tortured by the demons possessing his soul and inspiring him to do evil.
Paddock’s life at the end was dominated by evil. Satan is the author of evil. And the only way to explain this horrible, murderous shooting rampage is by examining satanic evil. A dark world of evil spiritual forces is in play in this world and it is at the root of the vile acts of mortals.
Jesus was not immune to temptation from the evil one, and neither are we. But here’s what we can do about it:
Put on the whole armour of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. — Ephesians 6:11
A list of Obama’s Scandals
Abuse of power — using the IRS to punish political opponents
Abuse of power — using the Department of Justice to protect wrongdoing by his administration
Fiscal malfeasance — adding $8 trillion to the national debt
Performance malfeasance — playing golf on average every nine days, exorbitant mis-use of public funds by exceeding vacation allowance all eight years in office
Clunker presidency — he used your tax dollars to attempt to take old inefficient cars off the roads, but the term “clunker presidency” describes his incompetence in eight years as president
Dishonesty — lying and deceit are the hallmarks of his failed presidency
Obamacare — you could not keep your doctor, your premiums rose substantially, your premiums did not guarantee that you actually received medical treatment
Enemy of the people — the Obama State Department was an enemy of the people at the United Nations, where it opposed the sanctity of human life, marriage and religious freedom
Campaign finance violations — Obama, like Clinton before him, accepted illegal foreign contributions for his election campaigns
Billions of taxpayer dollars gambled on “green” companies like Solyndra, NextEra, Ener1, Solar Trust and many others — all of which went bankrupt.
An intentional refusal to enforce federal immigration laws.
Destruction of the economy — bad business policies discouraged 14 million Americans from participating in the work force; the number of Americans out of the work force under Obama increased an astounding 17.5 percent, to 94 million; Obama threatened to close down businesses and private charities for refusing to provide health insurance coverage of abortion-inducing drugs
Stimulus — Obama gave billions of your tax dollars to union friends who in turned gave it back to him in the form of campaign contributions
Food stamp America — 15 percent of Americans are now on food stamps, an unprecedented figure
Weakened the U.S. military and damaged morale by threatening dishonorable discharges for chaplains and service personnel who wanted to exercise their First Amendment religious freedom
Weakened the military by interjecting the radical homosexual agenda onto the armed forces
Operation Fast and Furious — supplied guns to Mexican drug cartels who in turn used these weapons to kill an American border patrolman
Drugs — Obama’s open border allowed illegal drugs into the United States, damaging the lives of Americans and perpetuating drug addictions
Endangering Americans by flying foreign children with communicable diseases into the U.S.
Intervened our military in Libya without consent of Congress
Changed laws through executive order, circumventing the separation of powers
Ran weapons illegally out of Bengazi and left four Americans to die during a terrorist attack and then lied to their families about the actual cause of the attack
Wasted millions of your tax dollars on Solyndra and other failed companies.
Fined oil companies for causing the death of eagles and hawks, but refused to fine wind turbine companies for causing the deaths of many times more raptors
Gave away $800 billion in tax dollars to “shovel-ready” jobs that did not exist
Gave away millions of tax dollars for stimulus jobs in non-existent congressional districts, such as the non-existent 15th Congressional District in Arizona
America’s credit rating was downgraded due to his incompetence
Appointed numerous czars to positions without any oversight or accountability to government agencies, including the communist Van Jones
Appointed Kevin Jennings, a radical leftist who supported pedophilia, to be “safe schools czar”
Sued states and law enforcement officials for attempting to uphold federal immigration laws
Befriended Islamic terrorists
Endorsed Planned Parenthood, an organization under investigation for defrauding the government of millions of taxpayer dollars, refusing to report the sexual offenders of underage girls and illegally selling baby body parts
Damaged relations with long-standing American allies
Interfered with elections in Israel and obsessed on pressuring Israel to make concessions to Islamic terrorists
Appointed Tim Geithner, who had evaded paying taxes, secretary of the treasury
Fired government investigator Gerald Walpin for uncovering scandals by Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, a friend of and donor of Obama
Compiled from staff and news reports, including The Investment Watch blog
Former Arizona Senator Carolyn Allen has died at the age of 78, after suffering many years from the scourge of rheumatoid arthritis.
The late senator was hailed as a heroine by the left-stream flag carrier for our state, The Arizona Republic, and leftists on both sides of the political aisle. Allen was praised for her support of the arts and for warring against conservatives.
Allen also deserves credit for helping Democrat Janet Napolitano defeat conservative Matt Salmon in the 2002 governor’s election. She helped suppress Republican support for Salmon in Scottsdale by criticizing him in public, and he lost by one percent of the vote. Napolitano, who spent Arizona into massive debt, over-performed among Republicans in Scottsdale and that made the difference in her election.
Planned Parenthood lost a great friend in Allen. In a state legislative biography booklet, she described herself as a “Planned Parenthood activist.”
Intolerant of her opponents, Allen once saw the executive director of Arizona Right to Life in the state Senate lobby and bluntly exclaimed, “I didn’t know they allowed crooks in here.”
Allen was also a friend of Big Government, amnesty and homosexual pressure groups. While she faithfully clung to her “Republican Party” affiliation, it was the GOP platform principles she distained.
Amid a long absence from the legislature due to illness, The Arizona Conservative expressed concern about her constituents being disenfranchised and called on Allen to resign and devote herself to getting well. She later sent an email to our editor threatening him with physical harm.
The former chairwoman of the GOP legislative district in Scottsdale exhorted Allen to train up current Secretary of State Michelle Reagan, then a state representative. But Reagan was already comfortably established in Planned Parenthood’s abortion camp.
Conservatives repeatedly tried to beat Allen at election time, but the liberals in Scottsdale kept re-electing her until she retired from public office.
Arizona Congressman Trent Franks released the following tribute to commemorate the life of legendary conservative leader Phyllis Schlafly upon her passing at age 92:
“My dear friend Phyllis Schlafly has gone on to receive her Heavenly reward. I think it is important for all of us to acknowledge that the conservative landscape we now see never would have come about apart from the life, love, brilliance and courage of Phyllis Schlafly.
“This grand lady maintained her place on the firing line of truth and freedom since the days when conservatives had to search each other out in a crowded room, and now due in great part to her efforts, conservatives dominate the political discourse in our country.
“The legacy she leaves behind with six children, 16 grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren is a testament to her love of life and her commitment to its protection and cultivation. Our Earthly loss is Heaven’s gain as another champion of life, truth, and liberty passes on into Glory.”