Legislative Council reports that Proposition 208 will impose a 3.5 percent surcharge on taxable income over $250,000 for a single person or a married person filing jointly, on anyone earning $500,000 as a married couple or single person who is the head of a household. This will be added to the current 4.5 percent tax rate to come up with an 8 percent tax rate. Fifty percent of the tax revenue generated would go to education for youths and classroom support personnel hiring and base salary increases, 25 percent goes to education grants, 10 percent to grants for mentoring and retaining new classroom teachers and 12 percent to train high school students for career training. Also, an Arizona Teachers Academy would get 3 percent to incentivize college students to commit to teaching school in Arizona.
Among the risks of voters passing Prop 208 are these:
- It would be the largest permanent tax increase in Arizona history and move the state up to fifth nationally for highest tax rate;
- It would unfairly punish small businesses;
- It will not inject additional funds into Arizona classrooms’
- There will be no accountability;
- There will be no education reform;
- It will reverse the state’s economic progress and will not help K-12 education in the long run;
- It is largely funded by out-of-state interest groups;
- It doubles the income tax on tens of thousands of Arizona families;
- It is opposed by the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and the Arizona Manufacturers Council;
- It does not provide funding for colleges and community colleges;
- The revenues generated will go almost entirely to salaries;
- Education funding should be shared by all Arizonans, not unfairly on only some citizens who are being punished for job and wealth creation;
- 208 is favored by the radical National Education Association, which is more concerned about politics than educating our children;
- It is an ill-advised and poorly written proposition full of loop-holes on the money will be handled;
- It makes future pay raises for teachers unlikely;
- It will discourage economic growth in Arizona;
- It is neither sustainable nor a wise path for Arizona. Imposing an uncompetitive personal income tax on higher wage-earners and hamper the innovative spirit of the state’s economic dynamism and hurt Arizona’s potential for attracting employers and job creators, who will simply take their business to states with a more friendly business climate. In other words, Prop 208 will make Arizona more like Califronia–a state losing businesses due to excessive taxes.
Congresswoman Debbie Lesko and Congressman Paul Gosar supported Jim Jordan (R-OH), in the introduction of the Holding Rioters Accountable Act of 2020 to hold the rioters responsible for destruction for their actions and ensure local officials do not turn a blind eye to the chaos in our cities. “We have laws in our country for a reason and if cities and states choose not to uphold them, they should not be rewarded with money from federal grants,” said Lesko following the introduction of the bill. “I hope this bill will incentivize cities and states to follow the law and hold rioters accountable. There is no place in our nation for this lawlessness.” The bill grants the attorney general the authority to withhold up to 10 percent of Department of Justice (DOJ) grants from cities and states where prosecutors are failing to prosecute crimes arising from riots and other violent protests. The DOJ is responsible for determining prosecutorial misconduct for the purposes of implementing this legislation. “Chaos and violence have no place in American cities,” said Jordan. “It’s time for Democrats to denounce violent left-wing extremism , reject efforts to defund the police, and hold anarchists and criminals accountable for their lawlessness.” Lesko is a Ranking Member of the House Committee on the Judiciary.
You can bet the lawless Democrats in the House will defeat this. Remember that in November.
The Arizona Conservative strongly recommends that voters reject Proposition 207, which proposes to decriminalize marijuana.
Legislate Legal Council summarizes Prop 207 as an attempt to allow a person age 21 or older to lawfully possess and use one ounce of marijuana, including not more than five grams of marijuana concentrate (i.e, hashish), as well as up to six marijuana plants at that person’s primary residence.
For persons under the age of 21, the penalties against illegal possession of marijuana will be reduced to a civil penalty for a first violation, a petty offense for a second violation and a class 1 misdemeanor for subsequent violations.
Also, a petition process would be established to expunge law enforcement and court records relating to arrests, charges, adjustments, convictions and sentences for specific marijuana-related drug offenses that occurred before this would go into effect
There is no questioning how easy it would be for people to skirt such weak regulations and how it would undermine past and present law breaking.
When California allowed this to happen, it caused environmental damage to forests and rivers due to marijuana plants in the back country.
Colorado reports a traffic fatality every 2.5 days involving drivers under the influence of marijuana. No wonder, such drugs can cause hallucinations, paranoia and delusional thinking. It lowers IQs among adults and users drop out of school at higher rates.
Multi-national studies revealed a five-fold increase in psychosis among youths who used high-potency marijuana.
Advertising pitches purposely target teens, leading to addiction, whose brain development can be damaged by marijuana. Regular use is associated with increased criminal behavior and suicide, along with negative effects on memory, learning and attention.
Pie in the sky promises of tax revenues generated from marijuana sales have not materialized in other states foolish enough to go for this. What’s more, any tax revenues that are generated from marijuana represent ill-gotten gain based on the backs of people who paid a very severe price for their bad personal decisions
The net result of marijuana legalization is dumbing down the society and moving the culture backwards. That’s why Arizona voters rejected this dangerous proposition in 2016. Reject it again, Arizona.
Republican candidate for sherifff in Maricopa County Jerry Sheridan says his top priority will be to combat sex trafficking. His opponent, incumbent Democrat Paul Penzone has done absolutely nothing and needs to be voted out of office.
Sheridan is a graduate of the FBI National Academy. He also holds a bachelor’s degree in public safety administration and a master’s degree in organizational management.
Sheridan has more than 38 years of law enforcement experience at the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office. He spent 33 years of his experience in a leadership position promoting from Corporal to the highest-ranking uniformed position of Chief Deputy.
Jerry Sheridan is also a certified Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) instructor. This shows he has the proven knowledge of the duties and responsibilities associated with being a law enforcement officer, particularly a Sheriff.
Sheridan’s mission is to enforce state law and provide the finest public safety services to the great citizens of Maricopa County while protecting the judiciary, executing orders of the courts, supporting our law enforcement partners and providing for the care, custody and control to all incarcerated inmates. When elected as Maricopa County Sheriff, Jerry’s promise to Maricopa County is to begin execution of this mission effectively immediately.
Mark Kelly was a co-founder in the stratospheric balloon venture World View when Pima County provided them with a sweetheart $15 million loan to build their facility. The county also ponied up another $500,000 for furnishings. In 2017, World View’s first balloon blew up on the launching pad. The company was advertised as taking people for balloon rides in outer space costing $75,000. That never happened. The company was touted to employ 400 people. That never even got close to happening. Kelly left World View last year. He released a financial disclosure statement relative to his Senate candidacy listing assets of about $27 million. Kelly has been flooding TV with commercials wearing a tight fitting black t-shirt working on his motorcycle portraying himself as an average guy. What a joke! His other ads attacked big pharma PACs, while he did numerous speaking engagements for corporations making him wealthy. My message to Mark Kelly is, “come on man”, pay us back our $15 million in tax money!
He was “a minority of a minority” who “has been taking some extreme positions.” His positions were “so extreme that they would alter our country’s very economic and social structure and our place in the world to such a degree as to make our country’s place at home and abroad, as we know it, a thing of the past.” He was horrifyingly “foolhardy,” and a Republican Party in his hands was headed for a certain “crushing defeat … that could signal the beginning of the end of our party as an effective force in American political life.” The man was putting the GOP in “an impossible situation” because he was a “sure-loser in November” who held “extreme and too simple views.”
Thus it was that establishment Republicans expressed their utter disdain for Donald Trump.
Oh, sorry. They weren’t talking about Donald Trump; they were talking about — Ronald Reagan. And the “they” in question in those quotes above had proudly had their names attached to their views of Reagan as an extremist and walking political disaster. The names were, successively, then-GOP Vice President Nelson Rockefeller, New York Republican Sen. Jacob Javits, Illinois Republican Sen. Charles Percy, and former President Gerald Ford. And there were more, with less illustrious names.
Reagan had a name for these kind of GOP opponents, famously put this way in an address to the 1975 Conservative Political Action Conference:
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?
It is, however, no surprise that the lineal descendants of the Rockefeller/Javits/Percy/Ford Republicans are still with us. And as with Reagan’s opponents these “Never Trump” Republicans and “Republicans for Biden” — and former Arizona GOP Sen. Jeff Flake’s group of ex-GOP members of Congress — have made it clear.
• When the choice comes down to a Republican who is, like Reagan, pro-life and has made a central point of appointing constitutionalists to the Supreme Court and the lower federal courts — in record numbers — these Pale Pastel Republicans are endorsing the candidate who vows to put pro-abortion, anti-Reagan/Scalia judges on the bench.
• When the choice came down to Trump, a Republican who, like Reagan, supports peace through strength and, as with Reagan dealing with Gorbachev, was unafraid to sit down and confront America’s tyrant/dictator adversaries face to face — and walk out on the dictator when required? As Reagan did with Gorbachev and Trump did with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un? The Pale Pastels opt for Biden, the candidate who notoriously signed on to sending pallets of cash to appease the Iranian mullahs so that they could fund terrorists. Biden, the candidate from the infamous “apology tour” Obama administration. Hell would freeze over before Reagan — or Trump — would ever apologize for America.
• When the choice came down to a Republican who insists that our NATO allies live up to their financial obligations to spend 2 per cent of their GDP on defense — the Pale Pastels sided with those who refused to live up to their obligations and wanted a free security ride on the backs of American taxpayers.
When the choice came down to a Republican who, in Reagan-esque fashion, cut taxes, the Pale Pastels have signed up for the candidate who pledges to raise them — the Walter Mondale of 2020. A pledge Biden repeats over and over.
• The Pale Pastels say their choice came down to “character and competence” and that Trump was engaging in “corrupt behavior that renders him unfit to serve as president.” Seriously? Not a peep from any of them about the most corrupt vice president in American history, who blatantly used his offices as senator and vice president to enrich his family, bringing his son along to China on an official trip so he could make a rich deal with a Chinese banker or getting a prosecutor in Ukraine fired for investigating that same son.
There’s more — oh so much more.
But the fact is that the Pale Pastel Republican signers of this 70-person letter from various GOP security officials endorsing Joe Biden, not to mention the Pale Pastel Jeff Flake–led endorsement of Pale Pastel ex-GOP members of Congress for Biden, are nothing remotely new. This is the wing of the GOP that repeatedly produces disastrous Republican nominees with names stretching from Dewey to McCain and Romney and others.
What is new is that the socialist agenda of the Biden/Harris/Bernie/AOC Democrats is out there for all to see. This is socialism on steroids.
Thanks. Good to know. No Republican president should hire you or any Republican support you — ever again.
- A man with a career of corruption behind him.
- A man who has disrespected and abused women.
- Abuse of power: the Obama-Biden Administration illegally used the IRS to deny tax benefits to conservative organizations; they used the Department of Justice to attack law enforcement personnel who were working to prevent illegal aliens from entering the country; they shut down the work of and fired federal agents to monitor and prosecute terrorist cells in the U.S., also protecting organizations like the Muslim Brotherhood which are sworn enemies of the U.S.
- The removal of Second Amendment gun rights and home protection.
- Gender confusion (people who’ve had sex change surgery are less happy than they were before).
- Socialism: The rights of the individual are made secondary to the control of the collective; Vladimir Lenin said “The end game of socialism is communism.”
- Loss of freedom, including free speech and religious freedom.
- Increased taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood, which profits from the shedding of human blood.
- Open borders, drug and human smuggling.
- Voter fraud and voting by felons, illegal aliens and unregistered individuals.
- Over regulation of small businesses, the backbone of America.
- Prohibition of school choice.
- A smaller, weaker military.
- Obama II, a country that befriends and funds America’s enemies while turning away from America’s allies.
- Civil unrest in the streets, i.e., Seattle and Portland.
- Higher taxes.
- Harmful laws based on non-existent, politically based global warming.
- Criminalization of the conservative movement.
- Confused men posing as “transgenders” in order to take the positions of females on girls and women’s sports teams.
- Continued attacks on America’s founding ideals.
- Damage to the public education system.
- Expanded government health insurance, which does not guarantee medical care.
- Sanctuary cities.
- Judicial activism by judges who make law from the bench.
- Radical individuals with access to the White House and the highest levels of government who cannot pass background checks.
- Increased likelihood of terrorism on American and foreign soil. Democrats are very weak on terrorism.
- Bigger government making the individual smaller and smaller.
- A greater likelihood that America, “the home of the free and the land of the brave” will become a nation of one-party rule with opposition to Democrat policies outlawed.
- A re-writing of U.S. history and the Constitution.
- Cold-hearted Obama and Biden left four Americans to die in Benghazi.
- Ruthless Obama and Biden are to blame for the death of a U.S. Border Patrolmen who was gunned down by the Mexican drug cartel, armed with guns given by the Obama Administration.
You will also be voting for a man whose health is failing, and who may have to relinquish his presidency to a vice president with even more radical views on important issues.
Raul Grijalva is a long-time Southern Arizona congressman running for re-election in November.
By Trevor Loudon, Contributing Writer, The Epoch Times
December 26, 2018
Long-time Communist Party USA ally Congressman Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.) is to chair the critical House Committee on Natural Resources. This position will give Grijalva significant influence over key economic and environmental decisions.
In this position, he will be able to stall and otherwise influence legislation and create major uncertainty for potential infrastructure, natural resource, and energy investors.
Grijalva is so excited about his new post that he has even opted to resign from his influential position as co-chair of the far-left Congressional Progressive Caucus.
Allowing a man with Grijalva’s radical record to wield such influence could have disastrous implications for American jobs and economic growth.
The Early Years
Grijalva foreshadowed his legislative strategy in 2013 when he revealed to In These Times, a Democratic Socialists of America affiliated publication, that “I’m a Saul Alinsky guy,” referring to the “community organizer” who mentored Hillary Clinton and inspired Barack Obama.
But even the Marxist Alinsky wasn’t Grijalva’s most radical influence.
According to a 2009 Center for Immigration Studies memorandum, as a young activist in Tucson, Arizona, Grijalva became a leader in several Marxist-leaning groups including the Chicano Liberation Committee, which pressured the University of Arizona to implement affirmative action for Chicano staff and establish a Mexican-American Studies program.
Grijalva was also active in Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA), which agitated for the return of the “Chicano” areas of the U.S. Southwest to Mexico. The group’s motto was “Por la raza todo, fuera de la raza nada,” which translates to “For the race, everything; outside the race, nothing.”
Grijalva further joined the radical Raza Unida Party. After losing a school board race in 1972, Grijalva dropped some of his revolutionary posing and sought to involve himself in more “mainstream” Democratic Party politics.
In 1993, Grijalva, identified at that time as a member of the Pima County Board of Supervisors, wrote an anti-NAFTA article headlined “North America Needs ‘Fair’ Trade” for the Nov. 13 edition of the Communist Party USA’s newspaper People’s Weekly World (which has since changed its name to People’s World).
Through the 1990s, Grijalva used his Pima County position to assist Communist Party USA-affiliated organizations, such as the Southern Arizona People’s Law Center and the Tucson Tenants Union.
By the early 2000s, Grijalva was ready for the big time, and the Communist Party USA was eager to help.
Communist Party Assistance
According to Tucson Communist Party USA leader Steve Valencia, his mentor—the late Arizona Communist Party USA chair Lorenzo Torrez—was a pioneer in the “struggle” for Mexican-American political representation.
Valencia told People’s World newspaper in 2012, “I always say: Before [Communist Party USA-aligned Democratic Rep.] Ed Pastor and Raul Grijalva, there was Lorenzo Torrez.”
The article continues: “Pastor and Grijalva are Arizona’s first two Mexican Americans [sic] members of the U.S. Congress. But Torrez ran for Congress before they ran, and also boldly ran against Republican Senator Barry Goldwater.
“‘Lorenzo told us it is time for these majority Latino districts to be represented by a Mexican American,’ said Valencia. ‘He wanted voters to see a Latino name on the ballot.’
“When Pastor declared his candidacy, Torrez rallied the Tucson CP [Communist Party] club to join in the effort. Pastor’s victory in 1991 set the stage for Grijalva’s election in 2002.”
On Sept. 21, 2002, the People’s World published an article headlined “People Gain in Arizona Primaries” by local Communist Party leader Joe Bernick. It dealt mainly with Grijalva’s victory in the recent Democratic Party primary:
“The tireless efforts of hundreds of grassroots volunteers dealt a blow to the corporate establishment here and their attempt to dominate Southern Arizona politics in the Sept. 10 primary election.
“Long-time progressive Raul Grijalva routed seven other candidates to win the Democratic nomination for CD-7, one of Arizona’s two new Congressional seats. …
“As a Pima County Supervisor and Tucson School Board member Grijalva consistently fought for working people’s interests.
“The Grijalva campaign was a textbook example of how to conduct a people’s campaign, beginning with its name: ‘A whole lot of people for Grijalva.’ Hundreds of people came out seven days a week, sometimes twice on Saturday, to wear out tons of shoe leather.
“Grijalva thanked labor for its key support and for ‘putting the union label on me.’ He promised the Southern Arizona Central Labor Council, at its Sept. 12 meeting, to become ‘an extension of the voice of labor in the U.S. Congress.’”
At a meeting of the National Board of the Communist Party USA in South Chicago, on the last weekend of January 2003, an Arizona activist boasted, “Using street heat tactics, all of labor worked to back one candidate Raul Grijalva in Tucson … And we won!”
Tucson Communist Party USA supporter Susan Thorpe confirmed this narrative in an article covering the 2002 Grijalva campaign in an article in People’s World on Nov. 7, 2003, titled “Arizona: Grassroots Can Beat Big Bucks”:
“Nevertheless, here in Tucson, we are gearing up for local elections in 2003 and the presidential election ahead in 2004 by using the same tactics we did in 2002 to get Raul Grijalva elected to Congress. …
“Congressman Raul Grijalva is proving to be a wonderful voice for the people of Arizona. And our movement and those important connections made during his campaign are still alive in Tucson.”
In Congress, Grijalva worked to help the Communist Party USA where he could.
Returning the Favor
According to a 2005 statement by Latinos for Peace (an anti-Iraq War front for the Communist Party USA) published in the Communist Party USA theoretical journal Political Affairs on Oct. 4, 2005: “On Monday September 26 we participated in the peace movement lobby day at the capitol. We met with Rep Raul Grijalva who said he would work to help build our campaign.”
On July 13, 2006, Communist Party USA member Carolyn Trowbridge addressed 14 fellow black-shrouded members of the “peace” group “Raging Grannies” along with 40 supporters. Trowbridge’s speech was followed by “a reading of an antiwar speech” by Grijalva. They then marched to the late Sen. John McCain’s office to “deliver a petition on Iraq demanding an immediate end to the U.S. occupation, the closing of all U.S. military bases and the removal all U.S. mercenaries and corporate involvement,” according to People’s World.
Later that same year, on Nov. 7, Arizona voters became the first in the nation to reject a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage. The campaign was led by activist group Arizona Together. Both Arizona state Rep. Kyrsten Sinema and Congressman Grijalva assisted the campaign.
According to Arizona Communist Party leader and Arizona Together activist Joe Bernick, who wrote it up in the People’s World:
“Why Arizona? How come voters in more liberal states have voted for similar hateful laws while conservative Arizona voted no?
“So how did we do it? The answer is: educating, organizing and mobilizing.
“As soon as proponents started circulating petitions to put 107 on the ballot, opponents brought out their own clipboards, signing up thousands of volunteers. Arizona Together emerged as the campaign committee, chaired by progressive state Rep. Kyrsten Sinema.
“Congressman Raul Grijalva appeared on radio ads calling Prop. 107 an attack on working families. The Grijalva campaign worked closely with Arizona Together, using its literature in their extensive door-to-door canvassing.”
Sinema, now the newly elected U.S. senator from Arizona, also has close ties to the Communist Party USA.
On March 29, 2003, Grijalva sponsored and addressed the Third Annual Cesar Chavez Day March and Rally for Peace.
The rally was organized by Tucson Communist Party member and high school teacher Ray Siqueiros, one of the most militant teachers in Tucson. In 2006, Siqueiros was involved in organizing a mass walk-out by Tucson high school students protesting proposed legislation that would classify illegal immigrants as felons. Some of the students waved Mexican flags.
In June 2015, Siqueiros received a Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition from Grijalva for “valuable service to the community.”
In September 2015, the late Sen. John McCain from Arizona introduced legislation (S750) to exempt certain projects from environmental protection laws, in order to better enhance border security.
S750, if passed, “would exclude new surveillance installations and other border patrol activities from environmental protection laws. The bill would apply to federal lands within 100 miles of the U.S.–Mexico border in Arizona and parts of California,” according to People’s World.
Grijalva was apparently willing to work with the Communist Party USA to stop legislation designed to keep America’s borders secure.
Then the senior Democrat in the House’s Subcommittee on Public Lands and Environmental Regulations, Grijalva fought back against the proposal.
Grijalva spoke at a forum co-sponsored by the Communist Party USA-led Arizona Peace Council, and the Communist Party USA-run Salt of the Earth Labor College, saying he was “confident regarding the ability to defeat S750 provided people stay aware of it and speak out against it.”
According to People’s World, Grijalva said in part: “It’s a two pronged agenda. … Part of the agenda … [is] to end any legislative hope … that we would end up with something semi-rational in terms of comprehensive immigration reform because this bill is about enforcement only—only enforcement. …
“The other agenda is about attacking bedrock environmental laws that have been on the books for 50, 40, 45 years. … It’s both about immigration and the environment and citizen accountability and participation in decision making.”
As today’s Communist Party USA is loyal to Cuba, China, and Venezuela, Grijalva was effectively attempting to aid and abet enemies of the Republic.
The Communist Party USA is the sworn enemy of American capitalism.
Houston Communist Party leader Bernard Sampson wrote only this past September: “We aren’t like other parties. We are a party dedicated to the overthrow of the capitalist class in this country.”
Yet Grijalva has worked with these people for more than 30 years. He is clearly fully on board with the Communist Party USA agenda.
Imagine the damage Grijalva will be able to do to America’s economy, environment, and national security as Chairman of the House Committee on Natural Resources. Communist Party USA leaders must be rubbing their hands in revolutionary glee.
Americans likely do not realize that elected officials such as Grijalva are not required to undergo any form of background security check before serving on sensitive committees. If they were, Grijalva would certainly fail.
America’s enemies are aware of this loophole and are using it to their advantage.
Trevor Loudon is an author, filmmaker and public speaker from New Zealand. For more than 30 years, he has researched radical left, Marxist, and terrorist movements and their covert influence on mainstream politics.
Views expressed in this article are the opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Epoch
- Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
- More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
- We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
- Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
- Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
- New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
- Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
- African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
- Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
- Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
- Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
- Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
- The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
- 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
- Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
- Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
- As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
- Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
- Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
- Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
- Record number of regulations eliminated.
- Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
- Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
- My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
- Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
- We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
- Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
- Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
- We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
- Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
- Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
- United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
- Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
- Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
- Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
- NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
- Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
- Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
- Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
- Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
- Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
- Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
- Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
- Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
- Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
- Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
- Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
- Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
- Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
- We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME, including drug smuggling and human trafficking.
Unprecedented Judicial Nominations
In his first three years in office, Trump had successfully appointed a record 50 judges to the U.S. circuit courts of appeals. For comparison purposes, by the same point in their first terms, President Obama had appointed just 19 and President Bush 26.
The 11th Circuit has 12 judges, seven of whom were appointed by Republican presidents after Lagoa’s confirmation on Wednesday. That count now includes five Trump appointees.
“This success – along with the record number of federal appellate judges President Trump has appointed to date – is a testament to the tangible impact the president has had in reshaping the federal judiciary with constitutionalist judges who are committed to the rule of law,” Carrie Severino, the chief counsel and policy director at the conservative Judicial Crisis Network, said in a tweet about Lagoa’s confirmation.
If Trump were to win reelection, he would probably succeed in flipping most, if not all, appellate courts to conservative control.
Trump’s success with judicial appointments came about through the normal constitutional process. He may have chosen younger, more conservative judges. But here he followed closely the example set by President Reagan.
Reagan and Trump have been the two greatest American presidents in the past century-plus.