AMERICA’S OBAMA WOUNDS
The Obama-Biden Change.gov website quoted President Obama from a November 2007 speech in Des Moines saying:
“I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more than any other candidate in this race to take on lobbyists — and won. They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my White House, and they will not drown ouut the voices of the American people when I am president.”
But just the opposite occurred after Obama won the 2008 election. His list of appointees was laden with lobbyists:
- Tom Dashle, nominated to head HHS
- Attorney General Eric Holder, registered lobbyist with Covington & Burling
- Tom Vilsack, agriculture secretary nominee and registered lobbyist for the National Education Association
- Ron Klain, Biden’s chief of staff and lobbyist at O’Melveny & Myers
- Leon Panetta lobbied for numerous corporations and raked in millions
- Patrick Gaspard, former chief lobbyist for SEIU and Obama’s national campaign political director
- David Hayes, deputy secretary of the Interior and lobbyist at Latham & Watkins
- William Corr, nominee for deputy HHS secretary and former registered lobbyist
- Mark Patterson, nominee for treasury chief of staff to Tim Geithner and former Goldman Sachs lobbyist
- William Lynn, lobbyist for Raytheon
- and others.
Within two weeks of the inauguration, President Obama made 17 exceptions to his no-lobbyist rule.
2 thoughts on “An Administration Filled with Lobbyists”
If they investigate O’Keefe, then they should investigate Ed Schultz, because during the Scott Brown election big Ed proclaimed that he would”vote as many times as it took to defeat Brown”, so isn’t encouraging voter fraud on par with exposing voter fraud? Ed Shultz, the fat,boozy,wife beating windbag on MSNBC.
Pingback: Fact Checking the SOTU speech - Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Conservatives, Liberals, Third Parties, Left-Wing, Right-Wing, Congress, President - Page 7 - City-Data Forum